18 Positive Results In Just One Week Valued At £298,156
We are pleased to inform you of last week’s Spanish court victories. M1 Legal secured an amazing 18 positive results with a total amount awarded of £298,156.
The substantial awards are listed below:
1st Court of Instance:
- Club La Costa World x 4 - In these cases, the judge declared the contracts null and void under the law 04/2012 due to lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract duration. Amounts awarded - £13,852, £9,924, £9,885, £18,282
- Diamond Resorts x 2 - again, in these cases, the judge declared the contracts null and void under the law 04/2012 due to lack of information regarding the accommodation and contract duration. Amounts awarded - £13,248, £13,234
- Marriott Vacation Club - The judge declares the nullity due to the contract duration exceeding the law requirement of 50 years (in perpetuity). Furthermore, the accommodation is not properly identified. Amount Awarded: £10,456.
- Marriott Vacation Club - The judge declares nullity due to the breach of the duration limitation. Amount Awarded: £40,197.
- Marriott Vacation Club - The judge stated that in this case, the contract revealed sufficient information regarding the accommodation. Contract nullity was confirmed due to breach of duration and payment made within the cooling-off period. Amount Awarded: £56,604.
- Anfi x 2 - The judge declared the contracts null and void under law 42/1998 on one case (contract duration minimum requirements not disclosed) and the other case under law 04/2012 (accommodation information minimum requirements not disclosed). Amount Awarded: £17,807, £21,134.
- Leisure Dimensions (Infiniti) - The judge declared the contract null and void under law 42/1998 (insufficient information regarding the contract duration). Amount Awarded: £10,849.
- Anfi - The Court of Appeal has confirmed our victory in the first instance declaring the contract null and void due to lack of information regarding the contract duration. Amount awarded: £18,242.
- Club La Costa World - Club La Costa appealed the judgement from the first court of instance, however, the case was again ruled in our favour declaring the contract null. Amount awarded: £18,379.
We can also confirm 3 jurisdiction victories this week with a total value of £70,220, all against Club La Costa World. The company argued that the cases should not be heard in Spain however, the judge ruled in all 3 instances they can, all cases will proceed to the next step.