2. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources, and through automated technologies.
2.1 Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service, which may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media profile(s), and phone number;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Information about your timeshare/s and/or the bank/financial institution which provided you financing of your timeshare/s.
2.2 Data from Service Use, Including Cookies
The Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service;
3. How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide you the Service;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products, events, and services and to offer you new products, services and benefits;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4. Sharing of Your Information
4.1 Our Company and Service Providers
Dependent upon the Services provided, we share information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within the Maxima 1 Legal S.L. company; and/or
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, customer support, email service providers, event venues and service providers, IT service providers, marketing service providers, research providers, mailing houses and shipping agents;
4.2 For Legal Reasons
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Maxima 1 Legal S.L., our users, employees or others; and
- as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
5. Grounds for Processing
When we collect or otherwise process any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfil a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- where necessary to enable our customers to comply with their legal obligations;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- where necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described in sections 2-4 above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
6. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
7. Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Maxima 1 Legal, its affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
8. Data Security
We implement technical and organisational measures to seek to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of personal information.
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 or target the Service to children under 18.
10. Your Communications Preferences
You can customise and manage your communications preferences by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
11. Your right to access Your Information
You have the right under the European General Data Protection Regulation and the respective local legislation, which implements the GDPR, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to your personal information;
- rectification or erasure of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please submit your request in writing via our M1 Legal Communication Centre. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
You may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.